Monday, September 24, 2012

Love

Here I am in Africa, that still seems unreal to me and I have been here for over three weeks. As I lay here curled up on my bed, cuddling with a five pound baby boy who has captured my heart, I begin to wish time could just stand still, even for a minute.
I love it here. I love that I wake up to a rooster long before my alarm clock. I love that I get to start off my day with my Bible, a cup of VIA, and a view of Lake Victoria. I love that when I go downstairs I am greeted by so many beautiful faces that are so eager to love, and be loved. I love the kisses, the laughter, the cuddles. I love that I don't miss my Iphone, or my closet full of clothes. I love all this time I have to be still and listen to the Lord. I love being fully in a moment, fully engaged in a conversation, no plan, no text that is more important than the person I am with. I love that it doesn't matter if I wear the same outfit two days in a row. I love that I am learning so much about who God is from a group of 22 babies and toddlers without them even uttering a word. I love that God is growing me and revealing areas in my faith that I am weak. Yet he shows me with such love and grace that failure doesn't mean I can't try again. With Gods love and strength he is growing me and refining me each day I am here. I love it. My heart aches each time I think about the fact that I have to leave this place I love. Soon I won't wake up to 22 kisses from these beautiful children. I know that God has a plan for me though, and I know I don't have to be in Uganda for the Lord to use me and grow me. But I do know that Uganda will forever hold a piece of my heart. Thank you all for your prayers, they definitely have made an impact! I ask that me and the kiddos continue to be in your prayers that is definitely the biggest way you can be supporting me while I am here. If you feel called to support my trip financially you still can! I still owe the church 500$ when I get home but if you want to help me in that way you can give at ajesuschurch.com under give! I love you all! Sending hugs and prayers your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment